Monday, July 2, 2012

FO: Different lines

Most of my latest FOs need reblocking for the FO shoot as they've been used a lot lately. There are well over 10 FOs that need to find their way into Ravelry and here on this blog. We had quite some heat round here, so this shawl was first used only yesterday.


I wanted a stripe study shawl for me, but never had enough fingering weight yarn for a big version. Skeinny Dipping Dark Magic Carpet and The Woolen Rabbit New England Red work so well together. It was a pairing by coincidence after the two yarns sat next to each other on my shelf. Dark magic carpet was already used for one mitten that did not fit and I had no mojo to restart on it again.


What's there to say about this knit? Stripes, garter stitch, short rows. It's very addictive. And I kept wondering where's the half point of my shawl and whether I had already reached it. I kept weighing my CC to know if there's enough yarn for yet another stripe until it was clear there would not be enough. Then it was time to return to MC, knit knit knit and BO.

7 comments:

  1. I love the colour! beautiful pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just finishing Color Affection and I had so much fun knitting it I just might cast on for this shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! Love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, koks skanus derinys... Mano eilėj visos trys Veeros "dryžuotosios" skaros, bet kada dar prisiruošiu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I agree; addictive knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job! It looks so very nice! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.